Re: Antw: Re: revised gda-xml-query.dtd

> > If there is a surrounding Database DTD, that is included into the query DTD, then of course the sequence and surely some other elements should be
> > moved to this DTD. Do you agree, Vivien?
> >

> Yep. Rodrigo, could you explain what you want to include in the
> database DTD, so we can make the query DTD work where the database DTD stops.
> I do agree on this.

My idea about the DATABASE DTD is to include on it information about all
the objects contained in a database, so that you can use it to
import/export data as well as to design a database in the db designer
and then create it for a given DBMS. An example of this:

<DATABASE>
  <TABLE NAME="table1" OWNER="me">
    <DESCRIPTION>
      <FIELD NAME="field1" TYPE="GDA_TypeInteger" SIZE="4">
      <FIELD NAME="field2" TYPE="GDA_TypeVarchar" SIZE="35">
    </DESCRIPTION>
    <DATA>
      <ROW NUMBER="1">
        <FIELDDATA FIELD="field1">23</FIELDDATA>
        <FIELDDATA FIELD="field2">This is a string</FIELDDATA>
      </ROW>
    </DATA>
  </TABLE>
</DATABASE>

This is just an example, because I haven't thought too much about this,
so I don't have it clear.