Re: Antw: Re: revised gda-xml-query.dtd

On mer, 26 jui 2000, you wrote:
> Gerhard Dieringer wrote:
> >
> > Hi Rodrigo,

> > > but this <sequence> tag, wouldn't be better placed in the Database DTD
> > > (for importing/exporting data) instead of the query DTD?
> >
> > I introduced the 'sequence' element to be able to define a sequence, for example in Oracle:
> >
> > <query>
> >   <create>
> >     <sequence name="seq1">
> >      <property name="inc" value="1"/>
> >      <property name="start" value="0"/>
> >      <property name="maxvalue" value="1000"/>
> >      <property name="cycle" value="yes"/>
> >     </sequence>
> >   </create>
> > </query>
> >
> > would be rendered as
> >
> > create sequence seq1  increment by 2 start with 0 maxvalue 1000 cycle;
> >
> ok, now I understand what it is for. It seems that I didn't read all of
> your messages about this.
>
> > If there is a surrounding Database DTD, that is included into the query DTD, then of course the sequence and surely some other elements should be
> > moved to this DTD. Do you agree, Vivien?
> >
> The database DTD shouldn't be included in the query DTD, so forget about
> what I said.

IMHO the database DTD should contain all the necessary stuff to manipulated the
structure of a database (create new objects, delete, modify, etc) and the query
DTD should deal with the contents of the database. Do you agree on this?

If so, then the <sequence> element should belong to the database DTD.

Cheers,