Re: Antw: New gda-report's DTD

Hi Carlos,

you wrote:

> Well, the DTD i send is only a proposal, it needs an exhaustive study.
> IT also need the possibility of include images (png, jpg, xpm, ...) and
> a lot of other things, but at the present i put on the DTD the basic
> ideas. This will be really nice if you could send your proposal as a
> patch to the actual DTD or if you have write access to the gnome's CVS
> commit your changes :-D

To be able to send you a proposal to enhance your gda-report's DTD, I should first understand all your elements.
Some of them like ReportHeader or PageFooter are quite obvious, but some of them (Line, CalculatedField, Special)
are less clear to me.

If I understand it right, your DTD only covers form-reports, where one db record maps to one (or more) report pages and each field appears
on a fixed possition of the page.

It doesn't cover list-reports, where one db field appears several times on the page, once for each record.

Is this right?

Gerhard