Re: Antw: New gda-report's DTD

Gerhard Dieringer escribió:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> you wrote:
>
> > Well, the DTD i send is only a proposal, it needs an exhaustive study.
> > IT also need the possibility of include images (png, jpg, xpm, ...) and
> > a lot of other things, but at the present i put on the DTD the basic
> > ideas. This will be really nice if you could send your proposal as a
> > patch to the actual DTD or if you have write access to the gnome's CVS
> > commit your changes :-D
>
> To be able to send you a proposal to enhance your gda-report's DTD, I should first understand all your elements.
> Some of them like ReportHeader or PageFooter are quite obvious, but some of them (Line, CalculatedField, Special)
> are less clear to me.

Well, i have based this DTD in the metaphrast DTD, they are doing
something like that, but with QT and without database access. At this
moment the differences are minimal, you can read the metaphrast's
documentation that explains the actual DTD very well. I hope that in a
near future i will document our improved DTD. Look at:
http://www.mutinybaysoftware.com/metaphrast/index.html

> If I understand it right, your DTD only covers form-reports, where one db record maps to one (or more) report pages and each field appears
> on a fixed possition of the page.
>
> It doesn't cover list-reports, where one db field appears several times on the page, once for each record.
>
> Is this right?

Well, if i have understand well, you are wrong, perhaps the DTD isn't
finished or don't show it, but the "list-reports" as you call it are the
most frequently reports used, isn't they? and of course i hope we could
cover they.

> Gerhard

Bye

--