Re: GPL or LGPL ?

> > And, the more I think about this, the more I prefer to license them
> > under the GPL, but I'd like to do it only if all of you agree with that.
> > So what do you prefer?

> Well the libs that unixODBC provides for the config are GPL (we went through
> exactly the same discussion) as it started life with a glade project, all the
> odbc drivers and the driver manager are LGPL, as we do want them to be used in
> commercial apps, both by Easysoft and others (Applix, iHTML, etc). But all the
> programs are GPL.
>
> It wouldn't worry me if the gda providers were GPL, I would actually prefer
> this myself as I do think the GPL is important, but I would't sulk and take my
> ball home if it was decided to use LGPL.

well, the providers are, and always will be, licensed under the GPL. The
thing is to decide whether to license the libs under the GPL or leave
them as they are (LGPL)

But, as Alvaro said, I now think we should leave them as they are
(LGPL), since the contrary will mean to have it different than the other
GNOME libraries.