Re: GPL or LGPL ?

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@linuxave.net> el día Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:13:12 +0200,
escribió:

>> maybe:
>> gnome-db         (containing the libraries) under LGPL
>> gnome-db-tools   (containing the binaries) under GPL
>>
>> sure, a lot of work ...
>>
>not too much! In fact, this is what we decided last week so that the
>guys in the GNU Enterprise project could use gnome-db libraries without
>depending on GNOME. We'll make for the next release two more packages:
>
>* libgda
>* libgda-devel

yup, I saw this on the ml archives...

but, can you put a little more descriptive name ?
I'm sure you know very well what GDA means, but other people will
have a hard time figuring what the hell is ...  :)
(and it will alleviate the namespace pollution, gda can means very
differents things)

>but this will only include the basic libraries, so we could also add
>another package (gnome-db-core or gnome-db-libs) which include the other
>libraries (client UI and bonobo).

IMO gnome-db is good enough, but it's up to you...

sergio