Re: GPL or LGPL ?

"Sergio A. Kessler" wrote:

> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@linuxave.net> el día Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:40:36 +0200,
> escribió:
>
> >It's not on the web site?
>
> quoted from http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-db
> "GNOME-DB is distributed under the GPL license"
>
> >libraries in gnome-db are LGPL, whereas the binaries are GPL, as it's
>
> rodrigo, then I think it will be a lot more easy for outsiders to
> separate the libraries and tools in two separate packages...
>
> maybe:
> gnome-db         (containing the libraries) under LGPL
> gnome-db-tools   (containing the binaries) under GPL
>
> sure, a lot of work ...

not too much! In fact, this is what we decided last week so that the
guys in the GNU Enterprise project could use gnome-db libraries without
depending on GNOME. We'll make for the next release two more packages:

* libgda
* libgda-devel

but this will only include the basic libraries, so we could also add
another package (gnome-db-core or gnome-db-libs) which include the other
libraries (client UI and bonobo).