Re: GNU Enterprise

Okke Timm wrote:

> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Christopher Wiegand wrote:
> > > I just read the rest of my email - since applications will only depend on
> > > OAF, Orbit, and glib (which I think is GREAT!), are we still going to keep
> > > the name "gnome-db"?
> > >
> > Oops! I don't know if I like too much the idea, we'll see when this
> > happens. But I like gnome-db to be as it is today, the GNOME offical
> > database access famework, included in gnome-office, etc. But what other
> > people think about this?
> >

> If it's truly idependent of GNOME, why not call it "gnu-db" ? Or may be
> better "gnu-dba" ? I think this would incourage non-GNOME programmer to use
> this framework...

I'd vote for the GDA stuff, as I said in my previous email. Why? because
using GDA means not having to change a line of code, HTML page... And
because I've always liked this GDA name. In fact, when gnome-db was only
in the beginning, Michael Lausch (the creator of the project) and I
thought about changing the name to GDA, but we never did it.