Re: XML File format

Marzullo Laurent wrote:

> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >
> > Yes, but they are optional. That is, you can just provide the DB design stuff,
> > without the data nor the SQL command. This data is provided to allow the
> > export/import of an entire database, but you can provide it if you want, the
> > XML functions won't complain if they are not present.
>
>         You said that you are currently changed the format ?
>         Is there's some doc about C XML function to read XML file ?

You mean the libxml being used by gnome-db? or the gnome-db XML functions
themselves? For the first one, there should be some docs in /usr/doc/libxml-x.x.xx
in your system. For the gda xnl functions, sorry, but you'll have to look at the
sources (all functions are commented).

>         I've got another think to ask.
>         dB_designer will let the user to define its own domain for
>         the attribute of the db table (all of them will be child of
>         one GDA_Type), but a domain could be a set of GDA_Type too.
>         (i.e. structure, object, ...). I know this is rdbms dependent,
>         but i would like to give the Postgres user to define object
>         type for their domain attribute.
>
>         So you see any problem with the current structure of the file ?
>
>         (For now, I would like to put the domain attribute name in a
>         separate file than gnome-db XML file, and use GDA_Type as
>         a reference name for an entry in the domain file ... to not
>         disturb your app.
>         Do I make myself clear ??? )

I don't understand very well since I don't know what you mean by domain.