SGML to HTML Problem

On jeu, 20 jan 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Well, now that we've got three people (Stephan, Vivien and I) involved
> in the server development, we must finish the definition of the schemas
> stuff. I've added some explanations to the docs on
> CVS (doc/C/gnome-db.sgml), which contain only the supported schemas
> up-to-now. Please have a look at them so that we can discuss about it.
> But we should also add other schemas. For this, have a look at the file
> gda/gda-connection.idl for the list of constraints, and think about
> which of them must be defined, which ones must be deleted, and which
> ones should we add.
>
> I am going to take over the MySQL provider, as I've not received any
> email from Bruno, who was going to modify it.
>
> I'm waiting for your posts about this!
>
> Cheers

When I type make gnome-db.html, make issues the command:
db2html gnome-db.sgml

and this command outputs errors (LOTS of them) like
working on ../gnome-db.sgml
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG:49:0:W: DTDDECL catalog entries are not supported
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:2:59:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN"
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:5:0:E: reference to entity "BOOK" for which no system identifier could be generated
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:2:0: entity was defined here
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:5:0:E: DTD did not contain element declaration for document type name
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:7:9:E: there is no attribute "ID"
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:7:19:E: element "BOOK" undefined
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:8:11:E: element "BOOKINFO" undefined

and then:
jade:I: maximum number of errors (200) reached; change with -E option

and the gnome-db.html file I get does not reflect what is in the gnome-db.sgml.
I use:
jadetex-2.7-0,
jade-1.2.1-4,
docbook-3.1-11mdk,
sgml-common-0.1-3 and
stylesheets-0.10-2

can someone help (what do I need to update?)

thanks!