Re: Data Types

Vivien Malerba wrote:

> I want to continue to implement the mapping of the data type returned to a field
> (field->gdaType) in the postgres provider. Can anyone explain to me how the data
> types are taken care of throughout gnome-db.

Each server must map its specific types to the GDA types (which are in gda/gda.idl
- enum ValueType). Then the client library uses this info to return to the client
the field value in a suitable format. For the postgres server, you should do this
in the fill_field_values() function (in gda-postgres-recset.c).

This is the only thing you must do, the rest is taken by the client lib. See the
available GDA types and convert the postgres types to the one that more suits it.

Cheers