Re: Oracle Server for gnome-db

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:31:43 John D. Barnett wrote:

> Hi-

Hallo John,

copy goes to gnome-db-list.

> I'm thrilled that you've written an Oracle server for gnome-db, but I've
> been so far unsuccessful in setting it up.  Do you have an example
> gnome_db.gnorba file that shows how the Oracle section should be
> configured?

You've got gnome-db from cvs? Or from tarball (release 0.90.00 is actual
-
I think)?

> So far, I only get seg faults when I try to connect to our database.

It's a known problem. What's your environment (oracle version, glibc
version
and compiler). Did you have patched oracle (glibc-patch)?

Please gimme more information, 'cause I can't get it crashed on my two
boxes.

Rodrigo: did you got it running?

> Should I be using a TNS name, or giving the entire database descriptor
> in the DSN field of GDA config?

you should use the tnsname or the name of your oracle_sid if you want to
access
a local instance. or leave it empty and the $ORACLE_SID will be used.

here an entry of my ~/.gnome/gdalib

[mumu]
Provider=gda-oracle
DSN=DATABASE=hbci_mumu
Description=
Configurator=

this should also be in the example gdalib I think.

the gnorba file should be installed automaticly and you don't have to
change
it manualy.

> Thanks for your help, if you have the chance.
>
> -John Barnett

kind regards

Stephan

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                                                        John Lennon