Re: creating databases

Mike wrote:

> Hi
> I am having great difficulties in starting off in gnome-db
> When I try to save a database I get "cannot save"

Saving a database? Do you mean in the DB designer?

> In addition when I load up gdafe I get the following error messages
>
> /dev/dsp: No such file or directory

Does this happen with other gnome apps? Anyway, if gdafe loads ok, don't
worry about this, sound is not needed.

> GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
> specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

This is maybe because you are running gdafe out of a gnome environment
(maybe KDE?). You need to start gnome-session in your X startup files.
But again, never mind, since this will allow gnome-db to run ok, the
only thing is that you won't get session management.

> Anyone got any ideas
>
> BTW I did get a ton errors while making ainly to do with the gda library

Can you send us the compilation output?