creating databases

Hi
I am having great difficulties in starting off in gnome-db
When I try to save a database I get "cannot save"
In addition when I load up gdafe I get the following error messages

/dev/dsp: No such file or directory

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

Anyone got any ideas

BTW I did get a ton errors while making ainly to do with the gda library