Re: Number of tuples in a Recordset

On mer, 09 fév 2000, Rodrigo Moya Piernavieja wrote:
> Now, after the last update, it compiled ok. Maybe, I didn't cvs update properly.

No, I realized I had forgottent to commit the gda-postgres-connection.c the
first time. My fault!

> That's one of the schemas we must add, maybe a GDA_Connection_GDCN_SCHEMA_SUPPORTS. Or
> another way would be to add a new function to the GDA_Connection CORBA interface, which
> will return TRUE/FALSE. But, as I said before, if we find a way of doing it without
> touching the IDL, better.

I would prefer the second option since it is easier to handle (on the server
and on the client side) and much more flexible: as a client I may be
interrested only to test one feature (and so I don't want ALL the features as
some might take some time to compile). Moreover, I still have to find an
elegant way to return a recordset which is not based on a PGresult.
And it does not necessarily return a TRUE/FALSE information: for example to
retreive version numbers, access rights for one user, or other kind of
information. Stephan, what is your opinion on this?

> And as you say, this is very important, so we should add it as soon as possible.

I agree.

Regards