Number of tuples in a Recordset

Hi!

I know that with some servers, it is not easy to know the total number of
tuples returned from a query, but (for speed reasons) I would like to have a
function (from the client side) which returns the number of tuples or -1 if
that number is too dificult to get from the server (in which case the client
can still ask to move to the last tuple, then the first and compare).

Would it be possible to add a function like this one to the corba interface of
a recset?

Thanks!