Re: restructuration

> > > Does the Sybase provider use dblib or ctlib?  I'd be interested in getting
> > > it to work over FreeTDS (open source reimplementation of the above)
> > >
> > I think it uses ctlib. If there is an open source implementation of it,
> > it would be great to have it working with that.
> >
> Yes, FreeTDS (http://www.freetds.org) is an LGPL implementation of dblib
> and ctlib, that works from TDS 4.2 (sybase < 10.0, MS SQL < 7.0), 5.0
> (Sybase 10.0+), and 7.0 (MS SQL 7.0+).  I'm going to try to build gnome-db
> against it and see what happens.

The version in CVS does not work at all. What Holger meant is that he's
got (in his local copy) it working. So, Holger, I think you said you
sent the code to Stephan for inclusion? If so, Stephan please commit.
And if not, please Holger send me the code and I'll commit it myself so
that Brian can test it.

> Anyone got any tips on starting this endevour?  (Required gnome lib
> versions etc...I'm starting with RedHat 6.1, so I'm assuming I'll want to
> upgrade some rpms before starting).

you'll need a recent version of GNOME, I think the one shipped with
RH6.1 might be a bit old, but there shouldn't be any problem. But, as
soon as you find a little one, you should better upgrade to Helix GNOME
(www.helixcode.com). Apart from this, you'll need Bonobo. If you want, I
can send you RPMs for the very latest version, which I built myself.