Re: restructuration

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> Brian Bruns wrote:

> > > great!
> > >
> > Does the Sybase provider use dblib or ctlib?  I'd be interested in getting
> > it to work over FreeTDS (open source reimplementation of the above)
> >
> I think it uses ctlib. If there is an open source implementation of it,
> it would be great to have it working with that.

Yes, FreeTDS (http://www.freetds.org) is an LGPL implementation of dblib
and ctlib, that works from TDS 4.2 (sybase < 10.0, MS SQL < 7.0), 5.0
(Sybase 10.0+), and 7.0 (MS SQL 7.0+).  I'm going to try to build gnome-db
against it and see what happens.

Anyone got any tips on starting this endevour?  (Required gnome lib
versions etc...I'm starting with RedHat 6.1, so I'm assuming I'll want to
upgrade some rpms before starting).

Brian