Re: gda config component

> I'm just now wondering about what should really go into the config component.
> Tell me if I'm being wrong about all this, but here is my point of view:
>
> The config component should allow the user to configure the corresponding DBMS
> (with things such as creating, saving, destroying of complete databases,
> creating, destroying and changing users rights, etc). As some DBMS may have
> other things to configure, I want to create several components (one for users,
> one for databases, etc) which can be called as independent components (with for
> example "gnome-db-users", "gnome-db-databases"), and then create the global
> config component as a grouping of all these individual components (in a
> notebook). The benefits are that a client (such as gASQL) can choose to get
> only one component, and at the same time a client can get the full config
> component?  What's your opinion on this?

Good idea, but, instead of having one component (process) for each of
the 'profiles', why not have some kind of property where you can specify
which data to be shown? This can be easily done with bonobo properties,
which can be attached to the config controls. The only 'problem' I see
with this is that more work is needed on each of the config providers.

Definitely I think it's quite good to have something like this.

Cheers