About compiling ...

Hello,

gnome-db-0.0.90 has the same problem as 0.0.27 :

Configuring the package with "./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql"
isn't enough. Somewhere you get a file that will include
<gnome-xml/tree.h> and <gnome-xml/parser.h>

To get rid of this, two solutions : edit the Makefile (boring and for
expert only)
2) "./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-gnome-includes=/opt/gnome/include"

Ok, but since, usually a working gnome distribution is installed in the
same directory, wouldn't it be wise to suppose that the param
--with-gnome-includes, if not specified, is $prefix/include ?

This variable is often found in all Makefile, but not just for this one.

------------

The file gda.h,gda-mysql-misc.h aren't in the gda-mysql-server tree.
gda.h may be found  in gda-clnt/gda.h

------------

I don't know for other server, but would these two minor problem be
corrected, we could
have a compiling version.

-------

P.S. I have compiled so much gnome stuff that I'm sure I have done usual
things, and these problem should be corrected, IMHO.

Cheers,
Bruno

--
Intersted in graphical compiler ? visit http://graph.virgoplus.com