Re: About compiling ...

Hi Bruno!

> Hello,
>
> gnome-db-0.0.90 has the same problem as 0.0.27 :
>
> Configuring the package with "./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome
> --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql"
> isn't enough. Somewhere you get a file that will include
> <gnome-xml/tree.h> and <gnome-xml/parser.h>

These 2 files are from the libxml package, which is a "must" (I think) in
any GNOME distribution. So, I assume these files are in the same directory
as the rest of the GNOME header files, and as I've seen in the two RedHat
machines I've got here, they are always installed to
$prefix/include/gnome-xml, so there should be no problem for a standard
installation, but maybe we should add a more specific check so that we know
exactly where these files are. Does anybody know of a way of doing so?

> To get rid of this, two solutions : edit the Makefile (boring and for
> expert only)
> 2) "./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
> --with-gnome-includes=/opt/gnome/include"
>
> Ok, but since, usually a working gnome distribution is installed in the
> same directory, wouldn't it be wise to suppose that the param
> --with-gnome-includes, if not specified, is $prefix/include ?
>
> This variable is often found in all Makefile, but not just for this one.

> The file gda.h,gda-mysql-misc.h aren't in the gda-mysql-server tree.
> gda.h may be found  in gda-clnt/gda.h

Yes that was a problem in the tarball. But it was only the gda-mysql-misc.h.
The gda.h file must be generated in-place by ORBit. If you get an error
about this when compiling, the makefile has an error. you should add, in
SOURCES, first all the ORBit generated files, so that they are there before
compiling the first file which includes gda.h