Re: GDA_Recordset_fetch()

Stephan Heinze wrote:

> Hi Rodrigo, hi all,
>
> it seems to me, that GDA_Recordset_fetch() always should return a
> valid chunk (even an empty one), but in all implementations of providers
> there are returns of CORBA_OBJECT_NIL producing nice core dumps.

Where do you get the cores? in the client or the server?

I think the server core dump is due to a bug in ORBit (I've got a message
for the ORBit list in my "Unsent messages" folder about this), since
attaching to any of the servers, I got the same result, which is a core dump
in a function in gda-skels.c (ORBit-generated file). Anyway, I've added, to
gda-dev/templates/gda-srv.c a function to return an empty
GDA_Recordset_Chunk, so that we always get a valid chunk. BTW, we should be
moving to use the templates and gda-buildserver stuff for the servers next
week or so, since it is almost finished, only missing a couple of tests
more. So any change that you think may be added to the gda-*srv.c file, tell
me to include it in the templates.