Re: help needed: gda-mgr

> is there any doc about the plugin-idea of the gda-mgr? I looked to
> the source - there's no so much stuff I can look to :)

No docs at all. It was just started by Michael Lausch (the guy who started
gnome-db) and left without definition. But we had the idea very clear:
there is to be a shared lib for each db provider with a known interface,
which will serve to add data sources for the specific database to be used
by gnome-db. So the oracle-lib would manage the tnsnames.ora entry, the
ODBC-lib the odbc.ini file, etc, and add all the data sources available to
GNOME-DB to the $HOME/.gnome/gdalib libe, under the "Oracle Data Sources",
"PostgreSQL Data Sources" sections.

As it is not well defined, if you want to restart it and do it in another
way that you think is better, do it please.

> I want to write some configuration-goodies for the oracle-server.

As with the schemas, first we need the framework. You may notice that
gnome-db is very inmature everywhere, I think the only part that is more or
less defined and clear is the client library (I found very little crashes
from the client libs, they are almost all on the servers), and, as soon as
I finish with the common server framework, the servers. The gda-mgr is no
more than a few hours hack, the FE is quite robust but would need rewriting
as soon as we start supporting bonobo, and the gda-builder is another
few-hours hack (but this one with some ideas in mind). So, as I've said
lots of times, feel free to suggest and do anything.