Re: fe & Object Browser

Stephan Heinze wrote:

> Hi all, hi Rodrigo,
>
> if you're going to hack gdafe please have a look to following things:
>
> * if you open the browser, there's no active grid and the refresh-
>   request will be ignored. to get any descriptions you have to
>   check Views first and switch back to tables. should it run that way?

The refresh (gnome_db_grid_refresh) does not work, it does nothing. But what
you say is a missing piece of code that I'll have a look shortly. And no, it
shouln't run in that way.

> * displaying data in the browser. you're hiding the first 3 columns in the
>   detail-grid. I think that's close to the schema-discussion. in the
>   oracle-server following recset will be returned (source-code as
>   mailed to you):
>
>      columns_schema:     Catalog ('default')
>                     Schema ( owner of the table )
>                     Table ( table_name )
>                     Column ( column_name )
>                     Type ( name of the oracle data type )
>                     Length ( length of the column )
>                     Precision ( precision of the column )
>                     nullable ( Y or N )
>
>      table_schema:  table_name
>                     owner
>                     table_name
>                     'TABLE'
>                     comments
>      view_schema:   view_name
>                     owner
>                     view_name
>                     'VIEW'
>                     comments ( NULL in current oracle-srv-version )
>
> I'll going to hack the create_command - functionality for an constraint
> type of EXTRA_INFO.
>
> What do you want to get in the schema_procedure-recset? names and create
> command or anything else?

Well, let's first define all the info and then you'll continue with the
implementation (anyway, for the moment you can return whatever you want, since
nowhere is used, except in the browser which just acts as display for the data
returned by any server). I was hiding those columns because as th schema stuff
was to be discussed, I was just showing the column names, which was the only
info returned by both the ODBC and PostgreSQL  server. Well, it was the latter
which misses things.