Re: Usability process (fix)

> > This is because, as I've seen today, the MySQL server is incomplete (I didn't do
> > it myself, and as the guy who did it is no longer available, and as I know
> > nothing about MySQL...). It is missing the _move functions, which allows to
> > traverse the recordset, so the client lib (CORBA client) is entering an infinite
> > loop to retrieve rows, which always returns the current_index (= 0) and not an
> > error code. Thanks to this I've found a small bug in the client lib.
> >
> > So, Joe, would you like to complete the MySQL server? If you know the MySQL API,
> > and with Stephan's help and my help you'll be able to complete the missing
> > functions. I'd do it myself, but I know nothing about MySQL. Or anybody else?
> >
> I have a good knowledge of MySQL API, since I have developped a full
> featured commercial App using extensively MySQL as the database server.
>
> You can find it at : ftp://ftp.virgoplus.com/champagne/champagne.tar.gz
> and the tables definition are in the same directory.
>
> I can not disclose data, since they are copyrighted and protected, but
> you can give it a try.
>
> So, I'd be most happy to help. But I do have to say that I have no
> experience hacking on project maintained by another than me :-), so I
> will surely make some mistakes at the beginning.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't lot of spare time, so if Joe want to do it, it
> would the same for me.

If you know well the MySQL API, it won't be more than some hours hacking, since
actually the features provided by the servers are quite basic, you just have to read a
recordset and a couple of things more. So, I don't mind if it's you or Joe or both,
it's really up to both of you, but please, somebody do it, as it seems there are
several people wanting to use MySQL from gnome-db.

And ask me whatever you need to know!