Re: Usability process (fix)

>The error msg is "Can't connect to MySQL server on localhost (111)".

> But what does mean the 111 ?
> And what's missing ?

> Any suggestion ?

> Cheers,
> Bruno

     Okey,  '111'(ECONNREFUSED) is the errno forwarded from connect() through
mysql.  I looked at the code and it appears that the options from the DSN
configuration area wasn't being passed onto mysql.  The fix is:

   Starting at line 206 of gda-mysql-server/gda-mysql-connect.c we have
a bunch of strcasecmp's.  These need to be changed to strncasecmp's like
the DATABASE case, otherwise everything in the DSN field in options
is ignored(except for DATABASE)  IE:

      if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "HOST", strlen("HOST")) == 0)
	       cnc->host = get_value(ptr_s);
      else if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "DATABASE", strlen("DATABASE")) == 0)
        cnc->db = get_value(ptr_s);
      else if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "PORT", strlen("PORT")) == 0)
        cnc->port = get_value(ptr_s);
      else if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "UNIX_SOCKET", strlen("UNIX_SOCKET")) == 0)
        cnc->unix_socket = get_value(ptr_s);
      else if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "FLAGS", strlen("FLAGS")) == 0)
        cnc->flags = get_value(ptr_s);

    Other stuff appears to be broken still, though.  (I entered a select
statement into the window and did hit the 'Execute SQL' button and had
a million windows pop onto my screen with the error message:
gda-connection.c: 54: gda_connection_real_error called
	new adjustment value = 0
gda-recordset.c: 63: gda_recset_value_changed called
	adj->value  = 1
	rs->current = 0
	offset = 1

being printed).  I know at least the connection is working though since
I can get a list of the tables in the object-browser.

					Joe