Re: Usability process (fix)

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> >      Okey,  '111'(ECONNREFUSED) is the errno forwarded from connect() through
> > mysql.  I looked at the code and it appears that the options from the DSN
> > configuration area wasn't being passed onto mysql.  The fix is:
> >
> >    Starting at line 206 of gda-mysql-server/gda-mysql-connect.c we have
> > a bunch of strcasecmp's.  These need to be changed to strncasecmp's like
> > the DATABASE case, otherwise everything in the DSN field in options
> > is ignored(except for DATABASE)  IE:
> >
> >       if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "HOST", strlen("HOST")) == 0)
> >                cnc->host = get_value(ptr_s);
> >       else if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "DATABASE", strlen("DATABASE")) == 0)
> >         cnc->db = get_value(ptr_s);
> >       else if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "PORT", strlen("PORT")) == 0)
> >         cnc->port = get_value(ptr_s);
> >       else if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "UNIX_SOCKET", strlen("UNIX_SOCKET")) == 0)
> >         cnc->unix_socket = get_value(ptr_s);
> >       else if (strncasecmp(ptr_s, "FLAGS", strlen("FLAGS")) == 0)
> >         cnc->flags = get_value(ptr_s);
> >

> It's on CVS now
>

> >     Other stuff appears to be broken still, though.  (I entered a select
> > statement into the window and did hit the 'Execute SQL' button and had
> > a million windows pop onto my screen with the error message:
> > gda-connection.c: 54: gda_connection_real_error called
> >         new adjustment value = 0
> > gda-recordset.c: 63: gda_recset_value_changed called
> >         adj->value  = 1
> >         rs->current = 0
> >         offset = 1
> >
> > being printed).  I know at least the connection is working though since
> > I can get a list of the tables in the object-browser.
> >

> This is because, as I've seen today, the MySQL server is incomplete (I didn't do
> it myself, and as the guy who did it is no longer available, and as I know
> nothing about MySQL...). It is missing the _move functions, which allows to
> traverse the recordset, so the client lib (CORBA client) is entering an infinite
> loop to retrieve rows, which always returns the current_index (= 0) and not an
> error code. Thanks to this I've found a small bug in the client lib.
>
> So, Joe, would you like to complete the MySQL server? If you know the MySQL API,
> and with Stephan's help and my help you'll be able to complete the missing
> functions. I'd do it myself, but I know nothing about MySQL. Or anybody else?

I have a good knowledge of MySQL API, since I have developped a full
featured commercial App using extensively MySQL as the database server.

You can find it at : ftp://ftp.virgoplus.com/champagne/champagne.tar.gz
and the tables definition are in the same directory.

I can not disclose data, since they are copyrighted and protected, but
you can give it a try.

So, I'd be most happy to help. But I do have to say that I have no
experience hacking on project maintained by another than me :-), so I
will surely make some mistakes at the beginning.

Unfortunately, I don't lot of spare time, so if Joe want to do it, it
would the same for me.

Bruno
--
Intersted in graphical compiler ? visit http://graph.virgoplus.com