Re: Configuration problem

Mike Kestner wrote:

> I'm trying to build gnome-db-0.0.27 and I'm getting the attached
> warnings/errors out of the autogen.sh script.  This machine has a scratch
> installation of RH6.1.  I already had recent versions of glib and gtklib.  I
> installed imlib-1.9.7, ORBit-0.5.0, libxml-1.7.3, gnome-lib-1.0.9 and
> libtool-1.3.3. I believe that's all the required libraries, correct?

Yes, it should compile with these versions.

The errors you are getting are because autoconf/automake does not find the GNOME
macros. I don't remember right now how I corrected this when I had this same
problem, but I remember it was because I had installed gnome in a non-standard
place (/usr). Is that your case? If so, copy all the files in
$prefix/share/aclocal (where $prefix is where your GNOME is installed) to
/usr/share/aclocal.

I am not sure of this right now and have no access to a linux box at the moment,
so I may be wrong, in that case, please somebody correct me.

Hope that helps