Re: Configuration problem

Mike Kestner wrote:

> I'm trying to build gnome-db-0.0.27 and I'm getting the attached
> warnings/errors out of the autogen.sh script.  This machine has a scratch
> installation of RH6.1.  I already had recent versions of glib and gtklib.
> installed imlib-1.9.7, ORBit-0.5.0, libxml-1.7.3, gnome-lib-1.0.9 and
> libtool-1.3.3. I believe that's all the required libraries, correct?
>
> I tried fixing the two warnings at the top, but evidently didn't do it
> properly since they didn't go away.  My only experience so far with
> autoconfig/automake is successful completions, so I don't have a clue where
> to start looking for a solution.  I'm sure it's something absurdly simple,
> right? Can someone dropkick me in the right direction?
>
> Sorry for the rudimentary question.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --------------------
> [root@localhost gnome-db]# ./autogen.sh
> **Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
> If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
> `./autogen.sh' command line.
> processing .
> Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
> Running gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
> You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
> macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
> the directory `/aclocal'
> Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
> Running libtoolize...
> You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
> `aclocal.m4'.
> Running aclocal -I macros ...
> aclocal: configure.in: 21: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> Running autoheader...
> Running automake --gnu ...
> gda-manager/Makefile.am:20: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined
> gda-manager/Makefile.am:20: variable `GNOMEGNORBA_LIBS' not defined
[--snip--]

verify your installation of the autoxxx-tools. are there more than one
installed. try a which autoconf and autoconf --version to check it.

at my box I've got the same error and checked, that there was a previous
installation with older version (where the macros where not installed).

and second do what you can read:

> You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
> macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
> the directory `/aclocal'

just my 2 cents. hope you find the path :)

stephan

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                                                        John Lennon