Re: Configuration problem

Thanks for the suggestions.  Turned out that my copy of libtool.m4 was in
usr/local/share/aclocal.  When I copied that to /usr/share/aclocal, the
configuration completed.  All of the libraries I just installed were
installed to the usr/local prefix instead of /usr.  Is this controlled by an
environment variable?  I didn't request anything special.

I only had one other problem with the make.  It failed because I didn't have
libgnomeprint on my machine.  I got gnome-print off one of the mirrors,
installed it, and the make completed. I figured I'd mention this here so
that whoever maintains the webpage can add gnome-print to the list of
required libraries.  Can presence of libgnomeprint  be verified in the
autoconf step?

Regards,
Mike