Re: [gnome-cy] Creu Cymdeithas meddalwedd Cymraeg

Hi Rhoslyn

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 8:07 pm, Rhoslyn Prys wrote:
> 1. Sefydlu Cymdeithas i hyrwyddo meddalwedd Cymraeg

Dwi'n amgau drafft cyntaf o gyfansoddiad, wedi'i seilio ar yr un AFFS
(http://www.affs.org.uk).  Mae'n bosibl i ni ymgysylltu a nhw, ac maen nhw
wedi'u ymgysylltu efo FSF Europe.  Derbynnir pob sylwad yn ddiolchgar!

Name
Our organisation is known as Brodor: Cywaith Meddalwedd Rhydd Gymraeg/Welsh
Free Software Project (Brodor for short).  [or whatever - suggestions
welcome]

The area we cover
Our activities will be based in Wales, although one-off activities may take
place outside Wales if the Committee so decides.

Our aim
Our aim is to secure wider usage of free software in general within Wales, and
of free software in the Welsh language in particular ("free software" being
defined as at ....).

Activities to achieve our aim
Typical activities which we will engage in to achieve our aim include:
1.  publishing and promoting a "Charter for Welsh in the Information Age"
setting out our views on how best to ensure that Welsh may be used in all
aspects of IT;
2.  establishing and supporting projects to translate individual pieces or
suites of free software into Welsh;
3.  developing or adapting applications or other pieces of software which will
assist our activities, including the production and distribution of a
complete package of free software in Welsh, and the development and
distribution of lexical tools which may be of use in localising free software
in Welsh;
4.  providing mechanisms by which as large a cross-section as possible of
ordinary Welsh-speakers can contribute to our activities;
5.  publicising free software in general and Welsh free software in particular
in all media, setting out its benefits for computing in a minority language
with a view to increasing public awareness and acceptance;
6.  undertaking pilot projects or studies either alone or in association with
other individuals or groups, with the object of demonstrating the viability
of free software in Welsh in real-world situations and facilitating an
exchange of views on the use and development of free software in Welsh;
7.  establishing a bilingual bank of promotional and instructional material
for use by any individual or group wishing to explore free software in Welsh
further;
8.  reviewing and commenting on wider developments, including legal
developments, which may have an impact on the use of free software in Wales;
9.  organising or participating in conferences or meetings where free software
in Wales and in Welsh will be discussed.

Powers
In order to conduct our activities (and only our activities), we may do such
things as:
- establish local branches where necessary;
- commission and promote research, or assist others with this;
- raise funds and accept donations or contributions;
- organise meetings, conferences, workshops, training, etc;
- collect, distribute and exchange information in the form of books,
pamphlets, leaflets, audiovisual material, etc;
- employ people;
- do any other lawful thing to promote our aim.

[i'w wneud]
Membership
Committee
Officers