Re: [gnome-cy] Om in Moz sidebar

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 23:23, Dewi Bryn Jones wrote:
> Hei! Mae hwn yn cwl! Er oes modd wneud rhywbeth i gallu wahaniaethu
> rhwng testun Cymraeg a Saesneg yn hawsach? Pan dwi rhoid 'email' i mewn
> mae'n anodd dilyn y canlyniadau.

Diolch - chi gafodd y syniad!  The display should now be a little clearer.
I've spent several hours on this, and I was coming to the conclusion that
either the treatment of remote addresses in the sidebar is buggy, or that the
CSS implementation on the webserver I'm using is faulty.  On my local
machine, if I called an Omnivore tab from a local directory, I got a column
no more than 144 pixels wide, and shaded differently for English and Welsh.
On the site, I got inconsistent results, no matter what changes I made.  I
tended towards a Moz bug, since using HTML to set the table-cell background
didn't seem to work either.

In fact, it turns out that the sidebar update seems not to take place in real
time.  That is, if you make a CSS edit, it may take up to 15 minutes for that
edit to take effect (!), even if you refresh, or uninstall/reinstall the tab.
Extremely confusing, and something I would indeed class as a Moz bug (in the
sense that it behaves counter-intuitively without giving warning of same).  I
simply note it here because it may save somebody else's time if they know
about this in advance.

> Beth bynnag, diw'r Javascript ddim mor gymleth  a hynny chwaith. Croeso
> i chdi gopio'r cod o'r dudalen arbrofi nes i unwaith :
> http://www.gwelywiwr.org/cwpwrddcornel/mewnosod_gwenCymruByd.htm

Diolch am hyn - roeddwn i'n gallu torri-a-gludo!  Dwi 'di rhoi cyswllt rwan ar
y dudalen Hollysydd i adael iddo gael ei ychwanegu i'r Cwpwrdd Cornel yn
ymysgogol.

--

Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly