Re: [gnome-cy] Om in Moz sidebar

Hei! Mae hwn yn cwl! Er oes modd wneud rhywbeth i gallu wahaniaethu rhwng testun Cymraeg a Saesneg yn hawsach? Pan dwi rhoid 'email' i mewn mae'n anodd dilyn y canlyniadau.

Beth bynnag, diw'r Javascript ddim mor gymleth a hynny chwaith. Croeso i chdi gopio'r cod o'r dudalen arbrofi nes i unwaith :

http://www.gwelywiwr.org/cwpwrddcornel/mewnosod_gwenCymruByd.htm

Dewi.

Ysgrifennodd Kevin Donnelly:

Dewi pointed me to some info on getting Omnivore into the Moz sidebar:
http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/sidebar/
which was rather cruel of him, because I've now spent a couple of hours fiddling about with it :-)

Om can now be called from the sidebar (or Cwpwrdd Cornel!). In theory, you can set up a button attached to JavaScript to "install" it, but since I detest JS with a great loathing I'm steeling myself to bother with that (but if some kind soul would like to volunteer button+script, I'll gladly accept it!).

To see what it looks like, do the following:
1.  Go to http://wp.netscape.com/sidebar/preview.html
2. Fill in: Tab Name: Omnivore
Tab URL:  http://www.kyfieithu.co.uk/kartouche/omnivore/sb_index.php
3.  Click the Preview Tab button.

Press F9 to bring up the sidebar (if it's not already there), and click on the Omnivore tab. Enter a search term, and the English->Welsh equivalents should appear (it's only one-way at the minute).

I'd be interested in feedback on fontsizes, etc - my Moz looks OK, but I've always found fonts on it to be a bit of a black art; I never get them looking the same on any two installs.

If there is great rejoicing about this (which I doubt), I will tidy it up a bit, and perhaps even faff about with yucky JS so that it can be installed. In the meantime, this is your lot!