Re: Regarding Mentors for GNOME-Continuous Project

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015, at 06:44 AM, Lasse Schuirmann wrote:

For each repository:
 * Checking if .coafile exists in repository root
 * Executing `coala` there (or maybe a custom `coala continuous`
target, allowing the devs to have other settings locally), provide a
few arguments to generate the HTML page to the right location

I think this would be best in a post-build Jenkins action - the role
that the Continuous core would serve would be to define the
set of source code and versions.

At the root Continuous is:

resolve:
  Fetch all the git repos, generating a "snapshot.json"
  that describes the exact versions to build.  Here's
  a random example from last month:
  http://build.gnome.org/continuous/buildmaster/builds/2015/02/28/39/snapshot.json

build: compile using snapshot.json and ship - but *no tests*

And then we can put whatever arbitrary stuff we want after
that.  Currently there's "smoketest" and "applicationstest"
in the core, but following up on the previous discussion, I would
like to move those out of the builder core into a separate
asynchronous process.

Deploying Jenkins on build.gnome.org and getting
messaging between the build core and it is step #1 here I think.