Re: Regarding Mentors for GNOME-Continuous Project

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Shivani Poddar
<shivani poddar92 gmail com> wrote:
Hey Colin, Sri,

So, since we haven't been able to find a mentor yet, we are instead thinking
of working on the Coala project [1] (as a part of QA this time), which so
far has Lasse Schuirmann as one of the mentors. Basically this project is
about getting continuous static code analysis to the developers. So it will
consist out of two parts:

This looks good to me.  Let me ask though what is the output of this?
I don't mean the static analysis itself and getting it out there.  But
how will this be used by say by the release team or by module owners?
I'd like to see this move more front and center.  There has been a lot
of work in the QA team thus far but it hasn't quite gotten into the
mainstream work as I would like.

1. HTML output for coala - Which Lasse will me mentoring,

2. Integrating the output into GNOME Continuous - Continuous would need to
execute coala for all projects providing a simple configuration. - This is
the part which needs another mentor. (This essentially reduces the burden of
having one person solely mentoring our continuous projects, unlike last
year). [2]

Yes, definitely we need to have more mentors for GNOME Continuous.
I'm ramping up on yocto and woudl actually like to take a look at this
from a technical point of view.. so maybe next year I might volunteer
for this.

I'd be happy to know what you guys think about it. And it would also be good
to inculcate coala as a part of QA as and when its ready!

My two cents.

sri

Regards,

Shivani

[1] https://github.com/coala-analyzer/coala

[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2015/Ideas

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 11:15 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me>