Re: Status of the build.gnome.org service

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015, at 09:55 AM, Andrea Veri wrote:

On this side the whole service seemed to be down for around two days
(from the 1st to the 3rd) and the only way we noticed the outage was
someone joining #sysadmin and reporting the downtime.

I think what happened is `git fetch` got stuck again on
https://gitlab.com/groups/uhttpmock
I need to add timeout support.  Ideally detecting this case - I think
gitlab can sometimes start a response where the TCP connection
stays alive but the server side never sends anything.

What we currently have handy is the following howto wiki page [1]
listing a series of commands to execute to seemingly start / restart
the service itself but we don't have any additional knowledge on how
to monitor the service nor any documentation to look at to properly
debug the build tools properly.

Yeah, right now the service runs via tmux.  Doing this properly basically
means a systemd unit file.  (Or investigating running inside a Docker
container etc.)