Re: Jenkins-based Continuous

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Vadim Rutkovsky <vrutkovs redhat com> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 2:20 AM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net>
wrote:

GNOME Continuous is for testing GNOME. If GNOME is failing, then we break
the build until GNOME is fixed. If I break gnome-shell, I want to know about
it, so I can fix it. And this stems from build failures to runtime failures:
there's been a few times where glib has changed and caused mutter or
epiphany to break, and we only caught it because of Continuous.

Indeed, anything critical should go in "SDK" group. Meanwhile
gnome-calculator breaks shouldn't stop the whole process and hide other
issues.

I actually think this aspect of gnome-continuous is an advantage: it
answers a simple question: "Does GNOME build right now ?" - not some
muddy in-between question like "Can you get the most important parts
of GNOME to build if you disregard all the broken nonessentials, and
hold your breath ?" - thats the question that jhbuild lets you find
the answer to...