Re: Jenkins-based Continuous

Hey,

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:33 AM, Javier Jardón <jjardon gnome org> wrote:
Did you have any benchmark about timings? ie, if its faster/slower to
have a final image after a commit change in any of the repositories
tracked by gnome-continuous?

I was running the server and the builder node on my laptop, so I had to limit components to only GNOME, thus the speed results are not really representative. However the build duration seems to be at least the same as on build.gnome.org, I suppose build duration will be either the same or 1-2 minutes longer than current implementation (as we build each component separately).

Note that there is a room for improvement - for instance, if we build one component we just need to run triggers once before the component buildroot instead of before and each component. We can also experiment with parallel builds, but that seems to be tricky.

Thanks,
 Vadim