Re: Transferring of data between accounts

First of all, I'm sorry.

Long story short, my questions are:
(1) Can you imagine a good way to solve my problem, I don't really want
to manually add all the information again and delete the local contacts

By creating some scripts to do it.

(2) Would a development version of gnome contacts help solve the
problem? (e.g. because the merging works there?) I'm using the stable
3.18.1 right now.
I don't think so, you can try

(3) How could an improved workflow look like that doesn't allow such
problems with activating/deactivating online accounts? Would it be easy
to change it in the code? I don't know the source yet but I could
imagine making some small changes if it helps me and others to solve
those problems or prevent them from happening.
I wonder why contacts didn't show you a Setup window, and if it did, what did you selected there?

One idea for the prevention would be that information to be added to a
contact of an online account will not just be saved locally (even if the
local one is the standard address book at that time) - just new contacts
will be saved in standard one. And it would be really nice to be able to
move contacts between address books. Is that in progress or future work?
It's not that easy, but it is worth thinking of if. Previously we had a definition, of writing details per store, but we decided it was not usable/clear.
I'll work on it, and I'll let you know.

Yours,
Marius