Re: Getting contacts data in Maps

Hi:

Great. I also plan to show some maps inside Contacts.

In Maps we have talked about how nice it would be if we could integrate
contact data. For instance if we could route to a contact or search
for a contact in the main search.

Is it today possible to get the data from the backend in some way?
What would need to be done in contacts to enable this?

Do you have a preferred way this could happen?

I would prefer you could use folks plainly. Since, I;m planning on
make Contacts a simple/dumb frontend for folks.

Now, if you need to show the information related to a contact after
you have made something with it, I encourage you to use Contacts for
that. To make myself clear:

1. Use folks for retrieving data for the application internals
2. Launch a Contacts window to show contacts details to the user (ala Empathy)

As I said before, I want to show some Maps when an individual from
folks, and I have to study some Maps code to know how to get info from
there but pointers would be welcome. Thxs

--
Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known
Oscar Wilde