Re: Folks package warnings while running gnome-contacts

Hi the patch helped to solve compilation error and I got what problem was.
But now when I try to create new contact, I get segmentation fault (core dumped) error on console and the app gets closed.
I'm getting this warning on start up of gnome-contacts.
http://fpaste.org/73048/91083323/
Is there anything still wrong with the source code ?
I'm using ubuntu 13.10.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Philip Withnall <philip withnall gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 01:08 +0530, Saurabh Patel wrote:
>     I'm having folks related warnings while running gnome-contacts.
> Plus because of this when I try to add mew contact, input fields for
> address are not shown and after clicking 'Create new contact', the new
> contact is not added to contact list.
>
> I've installed evolution-mail in my laptop. I'm using ubuntu 13.10.
>
> Warnings are pasted on this link.
> http://fpaste.org/72296/09056181/

As I briefly said on IRC, the folks warnings are unrelated to the
problems you’re having with gnome-contacts.

However, I’ve just pushed a patch to folks master which eliminates two
of those warnings, since they were just noise.

https://git.gnome.org/browse/folks/commit/?id=eac52ef741bade059d077bd149889accb40ab2af

The third warning can’t just be fixed by installing Evolution from your
distribution if you’re running folks from git. You must run Evolution
from the same place as folks:
 • if you’re running folks from git, you must run evolution-data-server
from git (built using JHBuild);
 • if you’re running evolution-data-server from your distribution, you
must run folks from your distribution.

This is explained in the HACKING file in folks’ git repository (I
realise this documentation is not very easy to find, but at least it’s
documented somewhere; suggestions for making it easier are welcome!):

https://git.gnome.org/browse/folks/tree/HACKING#n182

Philip