Re: gnome-contacts-list Digest, Vol 1, Issue 5

On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 09:32 -0500, Erick Pérez Castellanos wrote:
> > That depends entirely on what your libfolks PersonaStores are. If, for
> > example, you're using a Google Contacts address book from EDS as your
> > primary persona store (which is where all the linking information gets
> > stored), you won't be able to link contacts when offline.
> >
> > What was the error message you received?
> >
> > Philip
> The appliction says: "Unable to find newly created contact" in a dialog,
> and the warning ubder the hood says: "add_persona_from_details: Cannot
> add contact: Cannot connect to the service's server." , which is
> expected I think, as you said.
>
> What I think is that user should be able to handle their contacts no
> matters the conection status, and believe me, I know that can be a
> nightmare for the developers, it just that's how it should be.
> On the other hand that's probably responsibility of eds, or someone else
> and not gnome-contacts. Anyway, thxs for the info.

Assuming you're using a Google Contacts address book as your primary
store, then you're right: it's something which should be fixed in EDS’
Google Contacts backend. However, it's an awful lot of work which I
don't currently have time to do.

If anybody else wants to have a go at it, though, I'll happily provide
advice and review patches. (I'm the maintainer of EDS’ Google Contacts
address book backend.)

Philip