Re: DnD of Contacts one on another to link it

On Sat, 2011-10-29 at 16:55 -0400, Erick Pérez Castellanos wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Afte some talk with Allan, Alex and some others we got this idea, we can
> allow people to link contacts by dragging one contact over the other.
> the dragged will be linked into the other one, or that what I think.
>
> Well, I got the patches working, there's two think still bothering me:
> 1. Which icon/image/cairo_surface will we use on the DnD to tell we are
> linking a contact ?
>
> 2. I have to be online to handle my contacts ? I tried create a new
> contact being offline at home and I got some error. Is this right, or is
> this a bug ? I think uses should be able to handle their contacts no
> matter their connection status. Anyway that can be a bug.

That depends entirely on what your libfolks PersonaStores are. If, for
example, you're using a Google Contacts address book from EDS as your
primary persona store (which is where all the linking information gets
stored), you won't be able to link contacts when offline.

What was the error message you received?

Philip