Re: exception on exit

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 10:45 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 10:02 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > ** ERROR **: file poa.c: line 1025 (ORBit_POA_activate_object_T):
> > assertion failed: ((poa->life_flags & ORBit_LifeF_DeactivateDo) == 0)
> > aborting...
> It seems that I resolved this by plugging what looked like a race
> condition in the order I was destroying windows. However, this did bring
> up another interesting problem;
> How can you tell if the process providing your widget has died. One of
> the libraries that this process is calling likes to make lots of
> uncatchable abort calls when it has errors. Now, I don't feel like
> hacking Fortran, so I'd much rather just find out when that process has
> died, cleanup the mess and ask if they want to restart it. Is there a
> signal I can listen to for this?

Not in bonobo, but there is one in ORBit. The (non-standard) corba call
ORBit_small_listen_for_broken gives you a callback when the lowlevel tcp
connection used for corba requests to that object is broken.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an ungodly neurotic card sharp on the run. She's a warm-hearted junkie
journalist with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!