Re: exception on exit

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 10:02 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:

> ** ERROR **: file poa.c: line 1025 (ORBit_POA_activate_object_T):
> assertion failed: ((poa->life_flags & ORBit_LifeF_DeactivateDo) == 0)
> aborting...

It seems that I resolved this by plugging what looked like a race
condition in the order I was destroying windows. However, this did bring
up another interesting problem;

How can you tell if the process providing your widget has died. One of
the libraries that this process is calling likes to make lots of
uncatchable abort calls when it has errors. Now, I don't feel like
hacking Fortran, so I'd much rather just find out when that process has
died, cleanup the mess and ask if they want to restart it. Is there a
signal I can listen to for this?

--d