Spawning new proc and obtaining BonoboObject * in (*BonoboFactoryCallback)

Greetings and thank you for all the beautiful code,

I want to produce a BonoboObject (which is owned by its own process) within (*BonoboFactoryCallback) (). I am having trouble finding a workable means of doing so. I feel like I'm missing something simple and obvious, like a way to get the BonoboObject * from an object reference (I can find no such function, doesn't mean it doesn't exist). I want to use g_spawn_async and have my process store an ior using gconf, then wait a second, then get the ior and CORBA_ORB_string_to_object() it, then somehow derive the BonoboObject pointer from the object reference. This is brutal at best, I know.

Is it possible and/or legal to obtain a BonoboObject * from a Bonobo_Unknown?

Should I continue to pound on the fork() and g_main_loop way, which I've been unsuccessful at?

Should there be a convenience function for spawning a process from (*BonoboFactoryCallback) ()? If so I will try to write one.

To further complicate things, the process I seek to spawn is multi-threaded.

Thanks in advance, apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but if I don't get past this soon I'm going to lose my mind.

BCS