Re: Spawning new proc and obtaining BonoboObject * in (*BonoboFactoryCallback)

A Dom, 2003-09-14 ās 23:03, Barry Smith escreveu:
> Greetings and thank you for all the beautiful code,
>
> I want to produce a BonoboObject (which is owned by its own process)
> within (*BonoboFactoryCallback) ().  I am having trouble finding a
> workable means of doing so.  I feel like I'm missing something simple
> and obvious, like a way to get the BonoboObject * from an object
> reference (I can find no such function, doesn't mean it doesn't exist).
>  I want to use g_spawn_async and have my process store an ior using
> gconf, then wait a second, then get the ior and
> CORBA_ORB_string_to_object() it, then somehow derive the BonoboObject
> pointer from the object reference.  This is brutal at best, I know.
>
> Is it possible and/or legal to obtain a BonoboObject * from a
> Bonobo_Unknown?

  I don't think it is possible.  You are completely violating the CORBA
architecture, you know?.. :)

  If you are trying to get one process per servant with bonobo
activation, I think you can request activation with the private flag
set, like this:
	obj = bonobo_activation_activate("iid=='OAFIID:foobar'",
                                         NULL, Bonobo_ACTIVATION_FLAG_PRIVATE,
                                         NULL, NULL);
With this client code, you should get one process per object.

> Should I continue to pound on the fork() and g_main_loop way, which I've
> been unsuccessful at?

  No! Stop torturing yourself! :)

> To further complicate things, the process I seek to spawn is multi-threaded.

  Be prepared to do some debugging, then :)

> Thanks in advance, apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but if I
> don't get past this soon I'm going to lose my mind.

  You're welcome.  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro