Re: Unique BonoboControl

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 14:44, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Mikoyan,

Hi
[...]
> 	Ok - you sure associating all this with a 'Control' is what you really
> want to do ? a Control in Bonobo land is a very specific thing - a
> single view, graphical item. This contrasts with Windows where the word
> 'Control' is meaningless [ an invisible timer 'control' eg. ;-]

I've no specific windows programming experience. The only controls
I know are BonoboControls :-)

> > So the question is simple: what should I do?
>
> 	Explain what you are trying to achieve; is it that you want to have
> only 1 running instance of your app, and to pass cmdline arguments to
> the running instance when new versions are run ?

No. I have an object running that outputs results to a GUI. This "GUI"
is a BonoboControl. If someone/something already activated this control,
the object just retreives a ref to this control and start sending its
output to it. But if the object discovers that the control was not
yet running, it will create the bonobocontrol (trough a normal factory
i guess) and put it in its own brand new bonobowindow. (after which it
will send its output to the control).

I don't know another way to explain what I'm trying to achieve :-)

Regards, Steven