Re: Need Some idea

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 19:13, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> no.  gtk1 corresponded to bonobo1 which does not interoperate with
> bonobo2 (was this due to problems in ORBit1 ?)

	Nope; it was initiated by the GtkPlug/GtkSocket changing their protocol
to the XEmbed thing - on the basis that it thus wouldn't work; we also
updated the IDL interface. Of course - it's possible to write a bridge
to the old stuff - that is if you could activate it [ oaf -> b-a-s also
changed in that time-line ].

	Either way, gtk+ 1.2 is by now, so old and so limited that it's not a
good platform to build anything on, so supporting this sort of thing
sounds like a bad plan to me.

	Regards,

		Michael..

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot