Re: bonobo, gtk widgets, DOM

Hi Luca,

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 16:05, Luca Padovani wrote:
> Now, this works nicely as long as the widget and the container
> application share the DOM tree in the same address space. As with bonobo
> this not guaranteed anymore, how should I approach the problem? I can
> see three ways:

	I think it's unlikely to be worthwhile having a single DOM tree split
across processes - this is not an application I'd use Bonobo for; the
DOM API is highly granular which doesn't suit IPC IMHO.

	Then again, if you're only going to proxy user-interaction, then
perhaps it's worthwhile, in general the more chunky the separation you
can achieve between components - the better; ie. why do you want to
export this DOM interface ?

	Interesting though,

 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot